I’m talking with Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income on the podcast today. Pat is a father, husband, and the author of the best-selling book Will It Fly. He’s probably most known for his top-rated podcast, Smart passive Income Podcast and as the Crash Test Dummy of Online Marketing. Pat has been my personal mentor as I started the Epic Success podcast, and I’m honored to have him on the show. He is an amazing teacher, and I know you will enjoy today’s episode.
In today’s episode, you’ll hear:
- How a major setback in his career during the 2008 recession brought him to the world of online business
- What that first year was like as he ventured out into the world of online sales, ebooks, and podcasting
- Why he started podcasting and how he stayed motivated and fought through his fears around visibility as a podcaster
- Why the process of validating ideas is so important to creating a successful online business
- Pat’s advice to those entering a niche that has heavy competition
- Pat’s tips on live video and his personal take on Facebook messenger bots
- A personal look at how Pat balances marriage, family, and entrepreneurship as well as how he instills an entrepreneur’s mindset in his own kids
- Pat’s moving story of learning how his podcast saved a listener’s life without even knowing it – right at the moment he was considering giving up his podcasting show
Connect with Pat:
Free Download: The Epic Morning Guide: The Morning Mindset of the Entrepreneur
Join the Epic Tribe to get all of Dr. Shannon’s exclusive content she reserves only for her tribe!
Did you know that Shannon is also the founder and director of Mosaic Vision Ministries? This organization is powerfully changing the lives of HIV/AIDS orphans in Uganda. To learn more, visit MosaicVision.org or follow Mosaic on Facebook.